Skip to main content

Well of Salvation

Isaiah 12:1-3
You will say in that day:
"I will give thanks to you, O Lord,
   for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
   that you might comfort me.

"Behold, God is my salvation;
   I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the Lord God is my strength and my song,
   and he has become my salvation."

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

Devotional
When there is so much stress, what could make me joyful?
When there is so much fear, who can I put my trust in? 
When I am so helpless, who will be strong for me?
When there is so much danger, what will save me?

I would be lost, I would be anxious, except that the Lord is for me.

He has every right to be angry with me, for the ways I've turned away from him and rejected him. But on the day that I need it, he sets his anger aside so he can comfort me.

Wells are filled with water from underground, and when you draw a bucket out, more water comes in. It keeps supplying water for years, decades, even centuries. God's salvation is like that. It keeps providing, it keeps sating thirst, it keeps bubbling up. It is inexhaustible, deep, and it is exactly what you need.

When there is so much stress, what could make me joyful?
   Remember how precious your salvation is!

When there is so much fear, who can I put my trust in? 
   God is for you and he will protect your life forever.

When I am so helpless, who will be strong for me?
   The same God who raised Jesus from the dead is strong for you.

When there is so much danger, what will save me?
   Jesus faced it all - danger as bad as yours and more - to rescue you from sin and death forever. You are already saved, and nothing can ever change that.

Prayer
God, I thank you for your comfort, your trust, your strength, your joy, and your salvation. Amen.

Comments